[The following note describes a series of company records and has no images attached to it. To view the images in the records described here, use the "Which Series Notes?" button to enter the Series Notes or use the "Next Text" button to move to the first item in the series.]
The Edison Ore Milling Co., Ltd. (EOMC) was organized in December 1879 to exploit Edison's ore milling patents in the United States and abroad. The records cover the period 1884-1908 and include correspondence, agreements, proxies, lists of stockholders, receipts, trial balances, and accounts payable. They deal mainly with the board of directors, income from royalties, tax obligations, and legal expenses. Included are drafts of agreements between EOMC and Edison (1892), and Walter S. Mallory (1888). Several letters from 1907 and 1908 contain comments by Edison on the fate of the company and the reasons for its demise. A finding aid is available at the Edison National Historical Park.
Approximately 30 percent of the documents have been selected. Those documents not selected include routine correspondence, proxies, and receipts. The company's minute book, including the "Proposed Plan of Reorganization" (1886), can be found in Thomas A. Edison Papers, Part II (1879-1886). Most of the records for the period 1879-1886 were integrated into the Document file and published in Part II.
The documents appear in the following order: (1) Administrative Records; (2) Financial Records. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.