These records cover the period 1888-1900. In addition to the company minute book, there are unbound duplicate minutes of directors' meetings for 1891 and 1892 and miscellaneous related items for 1896. Only the minute book has been selected.
The minute book, which covers the period December 1888-January 1900, contains the minutes of directors' and stockholders' meetings, a copy of the company's certificate of organization (notarized December 29, 1888), and the by-laws as adopted at the first board of directors' meeting on January 29, 1889. The subjects covered include the election and resignation of officers, the appointment of general managers, calls for capital, and increases in capital stock. Specific discussions involve mine properties known as the Gilbert Ore Mine, Scrub Oak Mine, and Ogden Mine; negotiations regarding the royalty agreement with the Edison Ore Milling Co., Ltd. (1890); the purchase of the Ogden Mining Co. (1891); the death of Robert L. Cutting, Jr. (1894); and the removal of the company's offices from New York City to the West Orange laboratory (1894). Also included are two long reports by Edison on the status of the company's mills (1890, 1898).
The front cover is stamped "New Jersey & Pennsylvania Concentrating Works Minute Book." The spine is stamped "Minute Book N.J.& P.A. Works." The book contains 299 numbered pages. Inserted pages include letters, proxies, and voting records. A few unbound items consisting of draft versions or typed duplicates have not been selected.
Blank pages: 133-299. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.