This printed transcription of the company's minutes, which covers the period July 1888-March 1894, contains a copy of the certificate of incorporation and by-laws, along with minutes of directors' and stockholders' meetings. The subjects covered include the election and resignation of directors and trustees and the appointment of officers. There are also entries pertaining to contracts, agreements, and other relations involving Edison, Jesse H. Lippincott, the Edison Phonograph Co., the Edison Phonograph Works, the Automatic Phonograph Exhibition Co., and the regional phonograph companies. Some of the material concerns payments to Edison, the Edison laboratory, and the Edison Phonograph Works. Also mentioned is the removal of the company's principal office from New York City to Jersey City and the continuation of executive, manufacturing, and storage facilities in New York City; litigation with the American Graphophone Co.; advertisement expenditures; the introduction of installment sales; the discontinuation of the nickel-in-the-slot business; and proposed manufacturing activities in Canada. The book contains 266 numbered pages. The numbers appearing within the text indicate page breaks in the original minute book. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.