This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the primary batteries produced by the Edison Manufacturing Co. Among the items for 1908 are letters and memoranda concerning the Battery Supplies Co. of Newark, which was acquired by the Edison Manufacturing Co. in that year. Also included are items pertaining to advertising, expenses, and relations with the Western Electric Co. of Chicago. Most of the selected letters are by Frank L. Dyer, who succeeded William E. Gilmore as vice president of the Edison Manufacturing Co. in July 1908.
Approximately 50 percent of the documents have been selected. The documents not selected consist primarily of memoranda concerning a dissatisfied customer in Leland, Michigan, and documents that duplicate information in selected material.