This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the concerns of the Edison Business Phonograph Co., which was established in 1908 as the successor to the Commercial Department of the National Phonograph Co. Included are a certificate of incorporation, a maintenance contract with Henry M. Seely of New York, and items pertaining to the sales and directors of the company. Also included is a memorandum regarding the resignation of William E. Gilmore as president and general manager of the Edison Business Phonograph Co., the promotion of Carl H. Wilson to vice president and general manager, and the transfer of Gilmore's stock to his successor, Frank L. Dyer.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The items not selected consist of canceled stock certificates and memoranda that duplicate information in selected material.