This folder contains bills and receipts relating to the business of the Automatic Telegraph Co. This company was incorporated in New York on November 28, 1870, to exploit the automatic telegraph patents of George Little. Edison became its principal inventor and developed his own automatic telegraph system that was used commercially by the company beginning in December 1872.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.