This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the American Telegraph Works. This company was formed in Newark, New Jersey, on October 1, 1870, to manufacture telegraph instruments. It had ceased operation by the beginning of January 1873. Among the items for 1873 are receipts for tools and machinery signed by Edison and Charles Batchelor.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.