This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the Automatic Telegraph Co. This company was incorporated in New York on November 28, 1870, to exploit the automatic telegraph patents of George Little. Edison became its principal inventor and developed his own automatic telegraph system that was used commercially by the company beginning in December 1872. Jay Gould acquired control of the company in 1875. The correspondents for 1875 include Edison associates Daniel H. Craig, George E. Gouraud, Edward H. Johnson, and Josiah C. Reiff. There is also a letter from Chase B. Harrington, the son of Automatic Telegraph Co. president George Harrington.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.