This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to Edison's Electrical Pen & Duplicating Press Co. This company marketed Edison's electric pen and duplicating press, beginning in September 1876. It was originally managed by Charles Batchelor and then by George Bliss, who expanded into Europe, except for Great Britain, which was controlled by the Electric Writing Co. The company's instruments were manufactured initially by Gilliland & Co. and then by Western Electric Manufacturing Co., which later took over marketing as well. The correspondents for 1876 include Bliss, Batchelor, Edison associate Edward H. Johnson, and tool and machine maker George Place. In addition to the correspondence, there are accounts, bills, receipts, circulars, an inventory, and an agreement.
All of the documents have been selected except for one electric pen sample that could not be reproduced. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.