This folder contains correspondence and other documents regarding promissory notes and the payment of bills and loans. Many of the documents for 1878 pertain to money owed to William H. Kirk, who owned the building on Ward Street in Newark where the firm of Edison & Unger had been located. Also included are items relating to a claim against the firm of Edison & Murray.
All of the documents have been selected except for duplicate copies of correspondence. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.