This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the commercial introduction of the electric light and to technical aspects of electric lighting and power. The correspondents include George Frederick Barker, professor of physics at the University of Pennsylvania; William Fletcher Barrett, professor at the Royal Dublin School of Science; Hungarian inventor and Edison associate Theodore Puskas; and inventor and wire manufacturer William Wallace, whom Edison visited in September 1878 at his shop in Ansonia, Connecticut. In addition to the correspondence, there are circulars from various electrical companies, including the Brush Electric Light Co.
All of the documents have been selected except for duplicate copies of correspondence. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.