This folder contains correspondence, articles of incorporation, and other documents relating to the establishment of the Edison Electric Light Co. of Europe, Ltd. Formally incorporated in New York in 1880, the company held control of Edison's electric light patents in all the countries of Europe except for the United Kingdom. Related material can be found in D-80-26 (Electric Light -- Foreign).
All the documents have been selected except for duplicate copies of correspondence. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.