This folder contains correspondence and agreements relating to the business of Bergmann & Co., New York City. This company was formed in 1881 when Edison and Edward H. Johnson entered into partnership with Sigmund Bergmann, a manufacturer of electrical equipment. The company produced electric lighting fixtures, sockets, and other devices used with the Edison system of electric lighting. Included is a draft agreement between Edison, Bergmann, and Johnson.
Approximately 70 percent of the documents have been selected. Routine correspondence relating to the placement and shipping of orders has not been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.