This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the Edison Co. for Isolated Lighting. This company was organized in New York in November 1881 for the purpose of selling and installing small power plants for the lighting of single buildings. In addition to correspondence, there is a circular announcing the formation of the company and the availability of its stock to investors.
Approximately 40 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: form letters relating to stock subscriptions; routine notices for meetings of the board of directors. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.