This folder contains correspondence, reports, accounts, and other documents relating to the business of the Edison Co. for Isolated Lighting, which was organized in November 1881 for the purpose of selling and installing small power plants for the lighting of single buildings. Much of the correspondence is by Sherburne B. Eaton, president of the company, and by Miller F. Moore, general manager. Included also is a list of isolated lighting plants in the United States, dated September 7, 1882. Related material can be found in the Primary Printed Series.
Approximately 70 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: form letters relating to stock subscriptions; routine notices for meetings of the board of directors. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.