This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the Western Edison Light Co. of Chicago, Illinois. Organized in May 1882, this company oversaw the installation of electric lighting plants in Chicago and the Midwest. Much of the correspondence is by George H. Bliss, general superintendent of the company. Related material can be found in the Primary Printed Series.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.