This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Brockton central station, which opened on October 1, 1883 as Edison's first underground three-wire system. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees Frank J. Sprague and H. Ward Leonard and by representatives of the Brockton company, including William L. Garrison, Jr., treasurer, and W. J. Jenks, station manager.
Approximately 80 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, shipments, employee expenses, and routine financial transactions. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.