This folder contains correspondence, agreements, cost estimates, and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Fall River central station, which opened on December 18, 1883. Many of the documents are by Edison employees William S. Andrews, Spencer Borden, W. D. Rich, and H. M. Doubleday; and by W. H. Dwelly, Jr., treasurer of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Fall River. Some of the documents by Andrews are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, employee expenses, and routine financial transactions. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.