This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the establishment of central stations in Ohio. Much of the material deals with the organization and operation of the Ohio Edison Electric Installation Co. Incorporated in 1883 in Covington, Kentucky and headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, this company acted as an agent between Edison and the local Ohio companies. Also included in this folder are other documents that pertain to more than one Ohio town or more than one local company. Much of the correspondence is by Archibald B. Stuart, secretary of the Ohio Edison Electric Installation Co.
All of the documents have been selected except for duplicates. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.