This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the formation, organization, and construction of the Shomokin central station, which began operation on September 22, 1883. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and Thomas P. Conant and by William H. Douty, president of the Shamokin company. An account statement for the period June-November 1883 appears at the end of the folder. Some of the correspondence by Andrews is partially illegible due to water damage.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.