This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the installation and operation of the central station and electric light system in Sunbury. The Sunbury station began operation on July 4, 1883 as the first commercially installed three-wire system. Many of the documents deal with problems of wiring the plant. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews, W. D. Rich, and Thomas P. Conant; and by officers of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Sunbury, including Frank H. McCormick, president, and Frank S. Marr, secretary and treasurer. Some of the letters by Andrews are partially illegible due to water damage. Some of Rich's correspondence is also faint and may be difficult to read.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, employee expenses, and routine financial transactions. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.