This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Lawrence central station, which opened on October 20, 1883, and to the management of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Lawrence. Much of the correspondence is by H. Ward Leonard, wireman and technician. Some of the letters by Leonard are partially illegible due to water damage.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.