This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the operation of a central station at Newburgh, which opened on March 31, 1884, and to the management of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Newburgh. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews, Thomas P. Conant, and Isaac C. Walker. Some of the documents by Andrews, Conant, and Walker are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 70 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders and employee expenses. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.