This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Middletown central station, which opened on April 5, 1884, and to the management of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Middletown. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews, H. Ward Leonard and J. F. Kirby; and by Archibald B. Stuart, secretary of the Ohio Edison Electric Installation Co. Some of the documents by Andrews, Leonard, and Kirby are partially illegible due to water damage.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.