This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the finances and operation of the central station at Piqua, which opened on April 28, 1884. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and James Lyman; by Archibald B. Stuart, secretary of the Ohio Edison Electric Installation Co.; and by Henry Flesh, secretary of the Piqua company. Many of the documents by Andrews are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 80 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, shipments, and routine financial transactions. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.