This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Tiffin central station, which opened on January 3, 1884. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews, Thomas P. Conant, and Arthur S. Beves; by Archibald B. Stuart, secretary of the Ohio Edison Electric Installation Co.; and by E. B. Hubbard, secretary of the Tiffin Edison Electric Illuminating Co. Some of the letters by Andrews, Conant, and Beves are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 80 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, shipments, and employee expenses; illegible documents severely water damaged. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.