This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the operation of the Bellefonte central station, which opened on February 5, 1884, and to the organization and management of the local company. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and John T. Perry; and by James Harris, secretary of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Bellefonte. Many of the documents by Andrews and Perry are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, employee expenses, and routine financial transactions. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.