This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the construction and operation of the Mt. Carmel central station, which opened on January 22, 1884. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and H. Ward Leonard; and by William Schwenk, president of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Mt. Carmel. Many of the documents by Andrews and Leonard are partially illegible due to water damage.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.