This folder contains correspondence, cost estimates, reports, and other documents relating to the organization, management, and operation of the Shomokin central station, which opened on September 22, 1883. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and H. M. Doubleday; and by officials of the Shamokin company, including William H. Douty, president, John Mullen, treasurer, and William M. Brock, station manager. Some of the letters by Andrews, Doubleday, and Brock are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders, shipments, and employee expenses. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.