This folder contains correspondence relating to the organization, management, and operation of the central station at Sunbury. The Sunbury station began operation on July 4, 1883 as the first commercially installed three-wire system. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and H. M. Doubleday; and by officers of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Sunbury, including Frank H. McCormick, president, and Frank S. Marr, secretary and treasurer. Some of the letters by Andrews, Doubleday, and McCormick are partially illegible due to water damage.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.