This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the United Edison Manufacturing Co. This company was organized in 1889 as a successor to the Edison United Manufacturing Co. Much of the correspondence is by Jacob H. Herrick, president, and J. C. Henderson, chief engineer of construction, and deals with comparative costs of wiring systems for central stations, canvassing of potential districts, and franchise negotiations for installing electric light distribution systems.
Approximately 60 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: letters of transmittal and acknowledgement; other routine business correspondence. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.