This folder contains correspondence and other documents pertaining to the business of the United Edison Manufacturing Co. Some of the letters deal with the installation of electric lighting plants, the development of meters and other electrical equipment, and the construction of a steam engine for Edison's ore milling operation in Ogden, N.J. There are also two blueprint charts containing sales information. Among the correspondents are J.C. Henderson, acting engineer-in-chief; H. Ward Leonard, general manager of the Cash Installations Division; and Samuel D. Greene, assistant to the general manager. On August 1, 1890 this company became part of the Edison General Electric Co.
Approximately 40 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: letters of transmittal; letters of acknowledgement; other routine business correspondence.
Related material can be found in D-90-33 (Electric Light - Edison General Electric Co. - General) and D-90-64 (West Orange Laboratory). Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.