This folder contains correspondence relating to the business of the Edison Electric Light Co. Although this company became part of the Edison General Electric Co. on August 1, 1890, certain business operations continued under the former name. Many of the letters are by Sherburne B. Eaton, general counsel, and pertain to the assignment of patents. A few of the documents may be partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 40 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: letters of transmittal and acknowledgement; meeting announcements; other routine business correspondence; duplicate copies of selected documents. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.