This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the business of the Edison Electric Light Co. Although this company became part of the Edison General Electric Co. on August 1, 1890, certain business operations continued under the former name. Many of the letters are by Sherburne B. Eaton or his law firm, and pertain to the filing of the company's annual report and the assignment of patents. Also included is correspondence from W. J. Jenks regarding a search for records of Edison's experiments on the compound-wound dynamo. Some of the documents may be partially illegible due to water damage and faded ink.
All of the documents have been selected except for 6 routine letters regarding meeting announcements, dividend payments, and other company business. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.