This folder contains correspondence, interoffice communications, and other items relating to the Dictating Machine Division of Thomas A. Edison, Inc. The documents pertain to the commercial development of the Edison Dictating Machine (renamed the Ediphone in 1918) and related products such as the Telescribe (a device for recording telephone conversations) and the Transophone (a correction/repeat attachment to the dictating machine). Related material can be found in E-16-75 (Telescribe) [not selected]. Among the documents for 1916 are items pertaining to fire prevention in Building 20 of Edison's West Orange laboratory complex. The correspondents include division manager Nelson C. Durand and employees C.E. Fairbanks and S. G. Langley.
Less than 5 percent of the documents have been selected. The unselected material relates primarily to weekly sales and to promotional concerns. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.