This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the Ediphone Division (formerly Dictating Machine Division) of Thomas A. Edison, Inc., and the sale of Edison cylinder phonographs for business use. Among the items for 1918 is a notice regarding the adoption of the trade name Ediphone for the product formerly known as the Edison Dictating Machine and a concurrent change in the divisional name. Also included are communications with Export Division manager Walter Stevens about the possible introduction of the Ediphone in Japan, and a note from Ediphone Division chief Nelson C. Durand about a planned celebration for the forty-first anniversary of "the invention of the Ediphone" on August 12.
The three unselected items consist of printed advertising matter. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.