This letterbook covers the period March-June 1912. Most of the correspondence is by Edison and Harry F. Miller. There are also a few letters by William H. Meadowcroft. Many of the items relate to the commercial and technical development of Edison's alkaline storage battery and its use in electric delivery trucks. Also included are letters pertaining to Edison's phonograph and motion picture businesses, the choice of suitable music and singers for phonograph recordings, and the development of educational films, a project for which William Walter Dinwiddie was hired in December 1911. Additional letters relate to the use of phonographs with telegraphs; the development of concrete highways; visitors to Edison's laboratory in West Orange, including representatives from the German Industrial Commission and the Deutsches Museum; and the election of Edison as a life member of the Museum's board. Among the correspondents are William C. Anderson of the Anderson Electric Car Co. and Marshall C. Lefferts of the Celluloid Co.
The front cover is marked "T.A. E. From - March 6, 1912 To - June 26, 1912." The spine is marked with similar information, along with the number "28." The book contains 701 numbered pages and an index. Less than 10 percent of the book has been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.