This letterbook covers the period 1875-1878. Most of the correspondence is by Batchelor and is in his hand. The remainder is in the hand of a secretary. The letters relate primarily to the electric pen, the phonograph, the telegraph, and the telephone. Some of the correspondence refers to the removal of Edison and his associates from Newark to Menlo Park. At the beginning of the book is a patent caveat by Batchelor for a Roman-letter stock-printing telegraph. Among the recipients are Thomas H. Batchelor, George H. Bliss, and Robert Gilliland. There are also numerous letters addressed to the journal, English Mechanic. The book contains 296 numbered pages and an index. Approximately 70 percent of the book has been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.