This notebook covers the period April 1880-May 1885. The first part of the book dates from 1880 and contains notes on ores received and assayed by Edison and his chemist, Alfred Haid. The second part of the book was used in 1884 and 1885 and contains notes and drawings by John Ott relating to ore milling, along with notes and drawings by Edison, Ott, and Martin Force relating to storage batteries for miners' lamps. The book contains 282 numbered pages.
Missing page numbers: 1-2. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.