This notebook is probably a continuation of N-17-00-00.8. It was used by Edison and Isidor (Jerry) Chesler in July 1917 to record wartime research for the U. S. Navy on the amplification and detection of sound. Included are experiments with carbon buttons for telephones used in experimental amplifying devices and experiments with the telephone receivers used as transmitters, as well as tests for electrical resonance within related circuits. The notes indicate that Sherwood T. (Sam) Moore and Charles T. Dally assisted Edison in some cases. The front cover is labeled "No. 6." The pages are unnumbered. Approximately 25 pages have been used. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.