This notebook was used by Ludwig F. (Louis) Ott during October 1911-September 1913 for notes on various chemical experiments. Included are entries relating to chemical solutions for storage batteries, the preparation of cement for phonograph cabinets, the electroplating of disc records, and coatings for the insides of Blue Amberol cylinders. A few of the notes are in German. One entry contains a notation by Edison, indicating his direct supervision of Ott's work. The last page is an index to the experiments. The index appears first. The book contains 185 numbered pages, some of which are blank. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.