This folder contains documents relating to the formation of the Douglas Phonograph Co., a New York corporation organized as a successor to Douglas & Co. The company was formed in November 1904 and dealt in Victor talking machines as well as Edison phonographs. It was controlled by the National Phonograph Co. The selected items cover the years 1904 and 1906. They consist of a letter from New York attorney Frank E. Bradley to Frank L. Dyer regarding the reorganization of Douglas & Co; minutes of the first meeting of the incorporators and subscribers of the Douglas Phonograph Co.; and the president's and treasurer's report for the year ending October 31, 1906.
Approximately 20 percent of the documents have been selected. The items not selected include correspondence, minutes, and memoranda pertaining to the operations of the company.