These documents, written in 1928 and 1929, concern Henry A. ("Alex") Campbell's work as a carpenter for Edison, primarily from 1878 until 1882. Correspondence between Campbell and the Ford office staff relates to the reconstruction of the Menlo Park buildings, particularly the machine shop, and refers to the contributions of Frank A. Wardlaw and Francis Jehl. There is also a 19-page essay on Edison's accomplishments, in which Campbell discusses his own role in erecting buildings and laying out the electric railroad and lamp posts at Menlo Park, his supervision of the construction of the Pearl Street central station in New York City, and the use of a mercury-based vacuum pump in electric lamp production. Among the early Edison associates mentioned in these documents are glassblower William Holzer and machinist Alexander Mungle, as well as William S. Andrews, Charles Batchelor, John Kruesi, and John F. Ott. Courtesy of the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Research Center.