[Eight letters were added to this collection in 2010. One additional iteman address by Mina to the Chautauqua Bird and Tree Club, probably dating from 1927was added in January 2013.]
These letters consist primarily of correspondence from Mina Miller Edison (1865-1947) to her husband and children, her mother Mary Valinda Miller, and other members of the Miller family. The dated items cover the years 1898 and 1908-1931, but there are also numerous undated letters. Included are four letters written during the Edisons' 1889 visit to England and France and four letters written during their 1911 European tour.
One additional letter written from France in 1889 can be found in the Family Records Series in Part III of the Thomas A. Edison Papers digital edition. Also included are letters regarding the education of stepson William L. Edison and son Charles Edison and the health of Thomas Edison during his final illness. One of the letters is signed jointly by Mina and Thomas Edison.
The letters are from Books #5, #7, #14, #22, and #35 on the Charles Edison microfilm and from five correspondence boxes not on the microfilm: (1) "Mina's Letter[s] from Mother and Father Mary and Lewis Miller"; (2) "Original Telegrams. Thomas Edison's Children"; (3) "Letters to Father and Mina from Thomas Alva Edison's 1st marriage: Thomas, Jr; William, Marion"; (4) "Charles & Carolynn Edison's Letters to Mother & Father"; (5) "Dear Charles Edison's Letters: Grandparents, Sisters/Brothers, Aunts/Uncles, Cousins, Friends' Letters." Click here for a list of all the correspondence books on the Charles Edison Fund microfilm.
Click here for a list of boxes with correspondence not on the microfilm. Numerous additional letters from Mina Edison to family members, including Thomas Edison, can be found among the family letters at the Edison-Ford Winter Estates and in the Family Records Series in Part IV and Part V of the Thomas A. Edison Papers microfilm edition.
Please note: The images in this folder were scanned from microfilm owned by CEF or from original documents in the possession of CEF. Some of the letters on the microfilm were subsequently donated to the Thomas Edison National Historical Park. These items are so indicated in the document information frame above each image. Courtesy of the Charles Edison Fund and Thomas Edison National Historical Park.