This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the Port Huron & Gratiot Street Railway Co. and the Sarnia Street Railway Co. The Port Huron company was founded in 1866 by William Pitt Edison and others to connect the Grand Trunk Railway depot in Fort Gratiot, Michigan, to the nearby town of Port Huron. The Sarnia company was incorporated in Canada in 1874 to connect the town of Sarnia, Ontario, with the Grand Trunk Railway depot in Point Edward, Ontario, across the St. Clair River from Fort Gratiot. The correspondents include Edison's older brother William Pitt Edison, who served as superintendent of the Port Huron company and secretary of the Sarnia company, and William Wastell, one of the original organizers of the Port Huron company. In addition to the correspondence, there are petitions, some by Edison; legislative acts; and a receipt.
All of the documents have been selected. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.