This folder contains correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the business of the Edison Electric Light Co. This company was established in late 1878 to provide Edison with funds for his experiments in electric lighting, in return for control of any patents that he might receive in this field. Much of the correspondence is by Calvin Goddard, secretary of the company.
All the documents have been selected except for duplicate copies of correspondence. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.