This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of New York. Formed in December 1880 to build generating stations in New York City, the company constructed the Pearl Street central station, which began operation on September 4, 1882. Many of the documents in this folder deal with operations at Pearl Street. Related information about the Pearl Street station can be found in the Edison Electric Light Co. Bulletins (Company Records Series).
Approximately 70 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine company correspondence, such as letters calling for the payment of stock installments; routine notices for meetings of the board of directors. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.