This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the organization, management, and operation of a central station at Hazleton, which opened on February 11, 1884. Much of the correspondence is by Edison employees William S. Andrews and Thomas Spencer; and by N. C. Yost, secretary and treasurer of the Hazleton company. Some of the documents by Andrews and Spencer are partially illegible due to water damage.
Approximately 90 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders and employee expenses. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.