This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of the General Electric Co., formed in 1892 by a merger of the Edison General Electric Co. and the Thomson-Houston Electric Co. Included are several letters pertaining to the assignment of patents from Edison and his companies to the General Electric Co. Other correspondence concerns the company's exhibit at the World Columbian Exposition in Chicago; the Niagara Falls power project; and contractual and financial relations between Edison and the General Electric Co. A blueprint of standard and special series lamps manufactured by the GE Lamp Works is at the beginning of the folder.
Approximately 60 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders and shipments; letters of transmittal and acknowledgement. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.