The Papers of Thomas A. Edison
- Volume 1: The Making of an Inventor (February 1847-June 1873) Jenkins et al. ISBN 0-8018-3100-8
- Volume 2: From Workshop to Laboratory (June 1873-March 1876) Rosenberg et al. ISBN 0-8018-3101-6
- Volume 3: Menlo Park: The Early Years (April 1876-December 1877) Rosenberg et al. ISBN 0-8018-3102-4
- Volume 4: The Wizard of Menlo Park (1878) Israel et al. ISBN0-8018-5819-4
- Volume 5: Research to Development at Menlo Park (January 1879-March 1881) Israel, et al. ISBN-10: 0801831040
- Volume 6: Electrifying New York and Abroad (April 1881-June 1883) Israel, et al. ISBN-10: 0801886406
- Volume 7: Losses and Loyalties (April 1883-December 1884) Israel, et al. ISBN-10: 1421400901
The Papers of Thomas A. Edison allow readers from all walks of life to rediscover Thomas Edison, his career, his work habits, his creative strategies, and even the processes of invention and innovation he experienced. The transcriptions, explanatory annotations, chapter headnotes, and detailed index in the book edition are designed as much to satisfy the most demanding scholarly inquiries as to offer new opportunities for lifelong learning.
The appeal of this edition goes across the disciplines—sciences, social sciences, humanities, and even the arts. Indeed the edition will be of use to educators, engineers, and attorneys; to film producers and media critics;to entrepreneurs, hobbyists, collectors, and, of course, to cultural resource managers.